- Medicaid covers one in five Americans.
- Medicaid is the nation’s largest health care provider.
- Medicaid covers 40% of America’s children – over 30 million children.
- Medicaid covers half of all births in America.
- One in five Medicaid dollars is spent on children.
- 2/3 of the school districts that bill Medicaid use the money to pay salaries of employees who work directly with children such as school nurses and therapists.
- Medicaid reimbursement constitutes the third largest federal funding stream to our nation’s public schools.
- Medicaid costs roughly $553 billion dollars, with $346 billion coming from the federal government and the remaining $204 billion from States.
- Nationwide, more than $4 billion in Medicaid goes to schools, or roughly 1 percent of all Medicaid.
Please follow and like us: